Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager Wanted (Part-time)
Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager (Part-time)
- Conducting site visits to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and estimates
- Coordination of work effort (see below Project Manager)
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good knowledge of construction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Computer literate
- A clear understanding of HSE Building Regulations, legal guidelines and CDM Regulations
Construction Project Manager
As a Construction project manager you will control the time, cost and quality of construction projects.
You will plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including hiring contractors and working with Engineers, Architects and Building Control.
You will be responsible for the project to ensure it is brought in time on budget.
You will be able to determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines. Negotiating contracts with Architects, Contractors and other workers.
The securing of building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to sites also might be issues that must be addressed initially.
You will be knowledgeable in both Health and Safety on Site and CDM Regulations.
You will confer with supervisors or other managers to monitor progress, including worker productivity and compliance with H&S.
We are looking for someone to start part time. Hours to suit both the business and yourselves.
We would be willing to take someone on as Self Employed to start with, if this suits both parties.